English

My experiences Teaching English ( Practicum 2)

Why is important to learn English?

domingo, 17 de octubre de 2010

Teaching Intermediate ! class one



I´ve begun my first class teaching Intermediate students.with a right foot even when I am left handed. It´s a great experience and I feel very enthusiastic because I know it will be my last period in this practicum subject I hope so. I´ll try to do my best in every single activity. I planned my first class thinking about the different students that I have. They are only 14 or less. I am really pleased to have such a nice group. Today, the topic I developed was about the verbs followed by gerunds and infinitives.

I was afraid about their practice because I know there are many things to remember. They did it very good during their activities in class, they wrote and talked about their preferences. I consider very helpful the suggestion of my tutor because we as practicioners have to see the development of the previous class in order to know where to follow the next class. It is a good idea ;in my case it helped me a lot to understand and plan the activities of my practice.
The students were participating even when the class has 3 listeners they could follow directions and practice the exercises. Something that I will remember is that I should use more activities related with movements because I could see the professor guiding an activity to make them move.. Perhaps it was because that was the last class of the week.


2 comentarios:

  1. Teacher Iris, I think that this is a new challenge for you. I also know that you are going to apply new strategies and techniques in order to help this new group.

    I think that it is a good idea to observe the tutors' classes because in my case, i have learned new interesting things from them. It is a good idea to have a different perspective about teaching especially if the new perspective comes from a professional.

    I think you had a very nice experience today, my friend. continue being the teacher i know you are!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow Iris, everytime I read your blog I can picture a huge smile on your face. I can see that you're a really nice teacher beacause all of your classes go well in most of the activities!! I'm glad to know that we have learned so much and that you're doing great and having fun :)

    ResponderEliminar