English

My experiences Teaching English ( Practicum 2)

Why is important to learn English?

lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2010

My third class in intermediate English


Language is the dress of thought.Samuel Johnson

Today it was the third class of this period and almost the last. There are many important things that I want to remember about this friday´s class, and one is the oral practice that I guided today. I began with a feedback about the previous class and the students their answers about a quiz about how green they are. It helped me to introduce the class with a quote " BE GREEN, YOU WON´T PROBABLY CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT YOU´LL DEFINITELY CHANGE YOUR LIFE". They expressed some ideas about what they thought in relation to the changes in the world and the actions that human should take to protect their enviroment. We started by brainstorming and they gave very interesting answers about the topic.
The class was very interesting because they talked about their personal opinions reflecting about their actions toward the climate changes and how to improve their responsability with the planet. They formed groups and prepared a short presentation with a poster that they created.



It was
about the changes and the results in the planet giving some suggestions to protect it. They were a little nervous and I could see that some of then had problems to order their ideas, I think it was normal even when they know and get along each other. The objective was achieved and they talked in front of the class. Little by little they lost fear to be in front of the group.It is very nice to see them working hard. I had to monitor them and help them with the pronunciation taking into account the ways to correct error in pronunciation. I felt happy at the end of this class and if I had to teach this lesson again I would bring extra pictures and color markers for them because they should create a better material.

3 comentarios:

  1. I liked the topic of that class! I think it's important to take care of our world and to help others know how it, too. I think making our students speak in front of the whole class can be a little difficult. I remember when we were making our very first presentations in Englis ever...it was not nice haha...It allows us to be more uderstanding with our Ss at the moment of having that kind of activity :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Iris, It seems like a very interesting class because of the personal contact you had with the students in this opportunity.
    I am glad to know you achieved your objective. I can see that your students had a very nice time with you and they also learned many important things about the environment. The topic was great because as you know we have the obligation and the responsibility to take care of our planet.

    I really like your class because students had the chance to share their personal opinions about this important topic. They also had the opportunity to speak in English which is a really important part of the class.
    Nice job,I ris!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. nice job Iris! I have always considered that if there is a way for students to speak is trhough debates, personal experiences or interesting topics. you used a nice tool girl. The gift for your work is waiting for you : )

    ResponderEliminar